PHDMA an autonomous agency of Government of Odisha aims at strengthening poverty and human development monitoring system and developing pro-poor programme / projects.
- Building capacities within the State Government for tracking progress of poverty reduction, monitoring human development indicators and attaining of Sustainable Development Goals.
- Evaluating the implementation of poverty reduction / development programmes / projects.
- Undertaking research and provide consultancy services to different stakeholders / user groups in areas of poverty and human development.
- Commissioning relevant studies and examining various issues / concerns that impact poverty and human development.
- Collecting national and international best practices with regard to poverty reduction and improved quality of life.
- Generating usable knowledge and disseminating the same to different line Departments / stakeholders to improve policy regime and programme designs
- Forging closer links with civil society organizations / voluntary sector and assisting the State Government in developing appropriate policy framework and institutional arrangements.
- Training and Capacity Building of the officials of Planning Machinery, DES and other associates.